Hello all! I have some exciting news for 2022! I was selected to be a Jaftex Brand Ambassador working with the Blank Quilting Corporation, and I could not be more excited and thankful for this new opportunity.
For those who may not know, The Jaftex Corporation is an 88 year-old, fourth generation, family-owned textile company, based out of New York City. It is the parent company to brands like Fabric Editions, 3 Wishes, Free Spirit Fabrics, Blank Quilting Corporation, Studio E Fabrics, Henry Glass Fabrics, and A.E. Nathan.
Links to some of my favorite Jaftex Designers:
- Free Spirit
- Nathalie Lete (check out her Woodland Walk Collection)
- Rachel Hauer (Seriously in love with her Forest Floor Collection)
- Anna Maria (Hindsight, Love Always, and her new Welcome Home Collection that will ship in May 2022 of this year.. I have so many plans for this fabric!)
- Kaffe Fassett and Kaffe Fassett Collective
- Odile Bailloeul - MagiCountry is seriously so cool
- And of course... TULA PINK - She is re-releasing her Parisville (Deja Vu) and I have already pre-ordered an entire bolt of the Marie Antoinette shiphead cameos see below)
- Studio E Fabrics
- Bob Ross ----- I feel like no explanation is needed here. It is BOB ROSS... what a happy little accident ;)
- Alexa Kate - She has a whole collection based on Poppy Flowers that are absolutely adorable
- Seannessy Rain - They have some seriously amazing designs that are perfect for blending colorful quilts
- Weekday Best by modern watercolorist Shaunna Russell - It's like.. watercolor/dog/fabric/street art... which doesn't make sense until you see it.. then it makes perfect sense haha
- Henry Glass
- Kim Diehl - Her designs are absolutely perfect for those traditional quilts (or Americana). Traditionally-inspired fabric collections include Right as Rain, and Farmhouse Christmas
- Jane Shasky - This is another designer with a traditional approach in her illustration style. I love the bright fun colors of her Just Lemons, but also the calming designs in Lavender Garden
- Michelle Yeo - Her Lille fabric collection was inspired by her love of antique quilts and I already have several of the designs on order... this collection is absolutely stunning!
- Blank Quilting
- Danielle Murray and her Magnolia design is easily the cutest fabric for a byannies bag... this is on my list of project MUST do's!
- Jen Bucheli - If you know me.. you know I love plants just about as much as I love quilting... so... a whole bunch. Her You Grow Girl collection is going to have the perfect designs for a garden apron project that I intend to create a little later in the year.
- Satin Moon Designs - The Deja Boo Collection launching this April 2022 - totally giving me the best pre-Halloween creation vibes and I seriously cannot wait for this launch!
- And last but not least... Victoria Barnes - Who also happens to be the designer for my very first Jaftex/Blank Quilting collab! Her Aussie Friends Collection gives you that "baby blanket" feel.. but with darker and more natural tones. This is the perfect combination for a "moody" baby blanket combo. Pics of the fabric line can be found here on my blogpost: Aussie Friends - The Unboxing
The Jaftex Brand Ambassador program (formerly the social sewer program) launched in 2020 - and is filled with a creative group of sewers and fabric fans who will be given fabric at different points throughout the year. I will be sure to list some of my fellow creators at the end of this blog post so you can follow along in their creative journeys!
Every other month, the brand ambassadors are sent packages full of fabrics that are typically based on their own style of sewing/design. We then have one month to complete one major quilt project or at least three smaller projects and what we decide to create is completely up to us. I will be blogging and posting about each of my fabric line collabs so be sure to follow Geometry and Joy on Instagram and subscribe to our website for updates!
Fellow Brand Ambassadors (List will be updated periodically):
Laurel Ryan - Porcupinesews_threads
Aimee Wilson - The Sewing Scientist
Becky Senn - BeckySueSews
Amanda Miller Birdwell - Graccieone
Cara Cansler - Sew_colorado_quilting
Megan Koshurba - megankoshurba
Bethany Brandtman - Kyat_studio
Jenny Unger - FabFabricGirl
Jen Strauser - The Dizzy Quilter
Ann McClellan - Sew_avant_garde
Amy Simmonds - Stitched by Starlight